Monday, September 24, 2007

Mia's Triathlon

The fitness bug has bit the family. Since I've been training to run the Raleigh marathon to raise funds for GK, my family has been more aware of fitness. Mia, my 13-year old daughter, joined me on several runs and found this kid's triathlon in Raleigh. She and her friend Annetta (Jeff's daughter) signed up for it- the event was last Saturday.

I think it went really well for a first tri. It was 150 m swim, 4.5 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run. Mia's strength is the bike ride. Her swim skills are good (better than mine!), but she hasn't put in much time training for the run. That's pretty much how it went in the tri. She held her own in the swim, did really well in the bike, and struggled in the run. But overall, it was a good experience. I think she's probably going to do more triathlons in the future...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooo I'm in the blog!!!! Well, the triathlon was definitely fun, but they STILL haven't posted the results. And I need to work on running.