Saturday, November 3, 2007

Nervous, excited- this is it!

It's 5:14 PM, Saturday. Less than 15 hours to go to the start time. I just got back from the City of Oaks Marathon Race expo, and got my race number and ankle timer. I am nervous, excited. I also bought the coveted 26.2 decal, as well as a knee band for my right knee, and some BodyGlide. I hope I am ready.

I only got one run in this week. I did 3.5 miles last Tuesday, doing mile repeats at 5.3 mph. I was hoping to do a -mile run last Thursday, but I felt a little twinge in my left knee, and decided to rest. So here I am, again facing a long run without enough miles during the week. The big X-factor is my new pair of shoes- I've only put 11 miles on them, and I am not sure how my legs will feel in them tomorrow. As a back-up, I am having my wife bring my other pair (maybe at mile 9) in case I need to make a quick shoe change.

I would like to thank all my friends who have supported GK and my run. I hope to finish it for all of you. Here it is! We'll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! What's your race number? I hope it's a prime number :).

Anonymous said...

Go daddy!!!!!!!!!! We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!