Saturday, October 20, 2007

Big thank yous!

While the training has been hard, but fulfilling, the real reason for the GK Hero's Run is raising awareness and funds for Gawad Kalinga- ANCOP (Answering the Cry of the Poor). It has been truly humbling to have friends and family support my run for GK. All funds go toward building houses for the poorest of the poor in the Philippines. I would like to say "THANK YOU", "Maraming Salamat!" to the following friends - now GK Home partners-who have sent in their support for my run:

Bryn David
Dan and Monica Oerther
Perry and Estela Peralta
Ed Nelson
Pilar and Jim Villacorta
Angel de Guzman
Mia Torres-Tigas
Lut Raskin
Bessie Paterno
Florence and Alvin Lim

From these friends and family, I have already received more than $1612 in pledges! This is enough for one house for one family! I am now hoping to raise enough funds for another house. I am truly humbled by the support, and will remember them as go through each excruciating mile (esp. miles 20 - 26!).

Thanks again!

No comments: