Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Form and function

This morning I went to see a personal trainer to look at my biomechanics. If it feels like I've been to the gym every day, it's because I have, since Saturday...Anyway, my wife had a $35 gift card, so the 1-hour consult cost me $44. The results? First the good news- my arm form is almost perfect, and I keep my ear, hip and feet alignment pretty well. I have a little bounce (just a little), and my gait speed needs to go to 90 per minute from 84 per minute. I can do with a slightly smaller stride. The bad news? I need to run on my midfoot, with my heel up. Apparently this is the new way of running efficiently, heel up. Well, it easier said than done. It seems to put more pain on my left calf, and I still can't get the hang of it. Geesh, this is going to be tough to learn... I also was introduced to a machine for calf training, as well as the other kind of treadmill, and also core training. I think I'll try it out this week and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Tatay!!!!!