Monday, August 6, 2007

Good to be back

Well, today I ran 4 miles on the treadmill. It felt good- I ran 2.5 miles then ran/walked the rest at 5 min/1 min intervals. Run pace was 11:15, walk was 3.7 mph. There was the pain in the soleus at the beginning, but it went away. I also did the body-age test at the gym, and I was measured, prodded, pinched- and finally, was told my "age". This 38 year-old has a 35 year-old body! Woohoo! I'm just glad to be back from shin splints. The key for me is stretching- before and after. Hopefully, I can be back to doing long runs- I was at 14 miles 2 weeks ago, but now have to build up again. I am shooting for 8 miles this weekend. Tomorrow, I am going for a 1 hour consult on biomechanics- I think my run form contributes to the injuries. It's $79, but I think it will be well spent, plus I still have the $35 gift card...

I also did Taekwondo today, and boy did things get rough! My hips and feet were hurting. I am starting to think that Taekwondo is not the best X-training for running a marathon. But I don't want to give it up yet.. Maybe after I test for my blue belt in 2 months?

No comments: