Saturday, August 18, 2007

Keeping on

I ran 3.5 miles last night (Thursday) on the treadmill. There was no other time available except at 10 PM, so I went to the gym. Just a few people around- maybe less than 12. I ran the first 20 min at 11:15/mile pace. Then I did 10 min run/1 min walk after that. I figured 3.5 was a good place to stop. The left calf had some pain the first 0.6 miles, but it went away. My average HR was 150 bpm. A little too high, since I spent 50% of the time out of the 115-155 bpm zone. Anyway, it felt good.

For some reason, I haven't gotten used to earphones and an MP3 player. I just watch the TV screens (1 HS football game, 1 news show, and 1 music video show) simultaneously. The music at the gym is usually pretty good, and I just have to keep time.

Today (Friday), I had some pain in the left leg-kinda like shin splints, upper leg. I tried massaging it, but it looks weird massaging your leg at work. Anyway, today was one meeting after another from 11 AM to 4:30 PM. I actually didn't have time for lunch. So I had a big dinner at a friend's house- the kids practiced a Filipino dance (tinikling) and watched HS Musical 2. Tomorrow we go to the trail again for maybe 8 or 9 miles.

No comments: